Pelargonium "Pinto Scarlet Star F1"
Festive, chic, spectacular, elegant pelargonium. As soon as they call this plant, created for quick landscaping. In the wild, pelargonium is found in Australia, California, Madagascar, and New Zealand. But it is believed that this plant comes from India and South Africa. The British brought him to Europe, who liked the interesting bright flower. They are universally decorated with gardens and household plots. And in the 17-18 centuries, ladies decorated hats and dresses with pelargonium. In more detail about the hybrid pelargonium "Pinto Scarlet Star" we will tell in this article.
Description of the pelargonium "Pinto Scarlet Star F1"
Pelargonium came to Russia in the 19th century, since then breeders have bred a large number of new varieties, including the Pinto Scarlet Star F1. This plant belongs to zonal pelargonium. Such a name, these pelargoniums are due to the unusual color of the leaves: in the center there is a plot painted with a different color. Sometimes this zone disappears with a lack of lighting, and in the spring it reappears.
Pelargonium "Pinto Scarlet Star F1" is characterized by early and abundant flowering, has large flowers with a gradient color from coral in the edges to white in the center, which look very nice against the background of emerald-colored leaves.
Pelargonium pleases the eye for a very long time: plant growers note that flowering continues until the colds. Tall bushes (up to 40 cm) are suitable for planting on flower beds, flowerpots and balcony drawers.
Features of growing from seeds
Pelargonium can very easily be grown independently. You can sow seeds for seedlings at any time, including in the autumn and winter, if there is the possibility of additional lighting. Some gardeners adhere to the crop schedule - from December to March.
The normal temperature for germination is + 21 ... + 24 degrees, the first shoots appear within a week, but the process of germination is gradual and can take up to two months.
Crops should be covered with film or glass to maintain the necessary microclimate and humidity level. Do not allow excess moisture. After the appearance of two real leaves, seedlings need to be dived.
Sown seeds in special peat tablets or prepared soil. When caring for seedlings, it is important to observe some nuances:
- In phase 1-2 of real leaves, transplant the plant - this is a gentle method, as opposed to picking.
- For better tillering, seedlings are nipped over the fifth to sixth leaf.
- As for the place for planting, the plant should be planted in a sunny place.
- If you are planting a plant in open ground, then choose a place where there is no stagnation of groundwater or rainwater.
- Get rid of faded peduncles so that the plant continuously blossoms and spends energy on the ripening of seeds.
- For the winter, you can transplant pelargonium into pots and bring it home.
- Once a week, it is worth watering the soil with fungicidal agents for the prevention of fungal diseases.
Experienced gardeners recommend hardening seedlings by putting pots with it on a glassed-in balcony. Pelargonium, grown from hardened seedlings, can withstand small frosts and not die.
It is necessary to grow zonal pelargonium in nutritious and loose soil, to feed nitrogen-containing fertilizers during the period of active growth, and potash and phosphorus during budding and flowering.
The advantages of the pelargonium "Pinto Scarlet Star F1":
- good seed germination and growth;
- compact strongly branched bushes;
- blooming actively;
- resistant to fungal diseases.
But when growing pelargonium, problems can arise:
- lack of flowering. This is due to a lack of lighting, an excess of fertilizers, low temperature;
- yellowing of the leaves, which may be caused by a deficiency or excess moisture, or an increased amount of nitrogen in the soil. It may also be a symptom that a mealybug or root rot is wound up in the root system. Check the size of the pot, perhaps the plant needs to be transplanted into a container of suitable size.
In addition, pelargonium is susceptible to bacterial diseases. In order not to ruin the plant, it is necessary to clear the soil or transplant the flower into a new one, water it only in the morning, and treat it with fungicides. Viral diseases are warned similarly.
Pelargonium is a perennial plant and feels great in one place for many years. But usually she is transplanted every two years.
Pelargonium "Pinto Scarlet Star F1" will be a decoration of your personal plot or you will settle in a box on the balcony for the joy of you. It is worth noting that the leaves of the plant secrete volatile, which disinfect the air in the apartment. Therefore, this flower will bring not only joy to the eyes, but also health benefits.
High-quality Pelargonium seeds “Pinto Scarlet Star F1” can be found in the “Agro-success” line. All seeds that are produced under the brand name "Agrouspech" undergo additional tests for germination and compliance with the declared characteristics.
You can learn more about the brand and read product reviews in the official “Agro-success” account on Instagram.